Knutsford Town Council is continually monitoring the latest government advice concerning the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and following yesterday’s (16th March 2020) announcement by the Prime Minister recommending the public avoid social gatherings to limit the spread of the virus, the council is assessing its events programme.
We are closely monitoring government advice day by day and will continue to follow recommended guidelines, including postponing and cancelling events where necessary. We will prioritise public health and make responsible decisions when planning events to protect the general public, our volunteers and staff.
The Mayor’s Ball planned for Saturday 21st March has been postponed to 18th September.
The Knutsford Bunny Hop is the next event organised by the Town Council currently scheduled for 11th April; we will monitor the advice over the coming days and make a decision as to whether it is feasible and responsible to continue with this event within the next two weeks.
We have decided to shelve our planned VE Day celebrations scheduled to take place on 8th May. This event was particularly looking to bring the younger and older members of our community together and we have noted the advice that those aged over 70 stay at home for the next 12 weeks. We are hopeful that we will be able to reinstate this event at a later date as a celebratory event on the Moor and we will seek to identify a suitable alternative date for this event as the situation develops.
Our next major event is our annual Knutsford Music Festival. This event is not scheduled to take place until 12th-14th June and as such we are aiming to hold off making a final decision until the end of April. We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves over the coming weeks. This is a hugely popular event and we will be cautious as we proceed, however do not wish to cancel the event until a clearer picture of the situation emerges. If we are unable to proceed as scheduled, we will seek to re-arrange the festival for later in the year. In the event that the festival is cancelled or re-scheduled and you cannot attend on the new dates, full refunds will be offered to everyone who has purchased tickets. Ticket-holders for cancelled events will be contacted with details of future dates or to process refunds.
We would like to thank everyone for your patience as we work hard to minimise disruption during this tough time and we will continue to keep the public updated with our plans as we proceed.
If you would like more information, you can contact the Events Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Event Cancellations
The following non-council events have been cancelled:
- Knutsford Beer Festival, 23rd – 25th April
- Knutsford Royal May Day, Saturday 2nd May
- Knutsford Fair on The Heath, 1st – 11th May
Details as to whether the monthly Makers Markets will continue will follow.