The votes of Thursday’s (4th May) Cross Town ward election have been counted and the results declared. Completing the council’s membership for the 2023-2027 term.
Four candidates stood for election for three seats. The results were as follows:
|Peter Coan||Conservative||393 (E)|
|Lesley Dalzell||Independent||473 (E)|
|Rex Mears||Independent||484 (E)|
The Nether, Norbury Booths, St John’s Wood and Bexton and Town Centre wards were each uncontested, returning three councillors each unopposed. The new council takes office on 9th May and comprises ten Independent and five Conservative councillors.
The full list of councillors is:
- Colin Banks (Independent) – St Johns Wood
- Peter Coan (Conservative) – Cross Town
- Lesley Dalzell (Independent) – Cross Town
- Jennifer Forrest (Conservative) – St Johns Wood
- Stewart Gardiner (Conservative) – Bexton and Town Centre
- Christopher Gray (Conservative) – Norbury Booths
- Bryan Hartley (Independent) – Nether
- April Johnson (Independent) – Bexton and Town Centre
- Scott Lowe (Independent) – Nether
- Rex Mears (Independent) – Cross Town
- James McCulloch (No Description) – St Johns Wood
- Matthew Robertson (Conservative) – Norbury Booths
- Su Russell (Independent) – Norbury Booths
- Gus Watson (Independent) – Bexton and Town Centre
- Matthew Wood (Independent) – Nether
Contact information for new councillors will be published shortly.