Councillors Nicholson, Beswick, Morris, Forbes, Dalzell, Coan, Gardiner and Houghton.
A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk).
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllr Lowe.
DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No member declared an interest in any item.
REVIEW OF YEAR-TO-DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The Town Clerk responded to a question stating that whilst no training budget was committed he was in the process of agreeing training plans with officers.
The draft policy was reviewed and the following points noted:
- Volunteer coordinators would need to have adequate volunteer management training
- 5 should be amended to include “in consultation with the Town Mayor”
- 3 should be amended to include “or where it is required for health and safety purposes or in compliance with law”
- 2 should be amended to change “obligation” to “requirement”
- 2 should be amended to state that the Town Clerk must approve volunteers’ access to personal/sensitive data and that it should set out that such access will only be where it is necessary for the fulfilment of the role.
- 3 should be amended to change “are expected to” to “will”
It was agreed that the policy be adopted in the interim, that it shall be ratified at the first meeting of the Personnel Committee and that it be reviewed after six months to ensure it did not increase the burden on officers.
Cllr Houghton left the meeting during the discussion of this item.
VOLUNTARY ARCHIVIST ROLE
Members indicated their support for the creation of the role.
WORK PLACEMENTS POLICY STATEMENT
Members indicated their support for the policy statement.
It was noted that the caretaker had resigned due to relocating and a shortlisting/interview panel of Cllrs Nicholson, Dalzell and Coan and the Town Clerk was agreed.
The Actions Log was noted.
The public and press were excluded from the remainder of the meeting on the grounds of the confidential nature of discussions.
STAFFING OVERVIEW REPORT
The report was noted and it was agreed that the format of the report should be amended to include an overview of staff’s regular working pattern and job titles.
No questions were raised but it was noted that an improved telephony system would be desirable from both member and officer perspectives.