Councillors Robertson, Forbes, Malloy, McCulloch and Morris.
A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk)
F21/040 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllrs Coan, Gardiner (personal business) and Houghton (health).
F21/041 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No member declared an interest in any item on the agenda.
F21/042 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public wished to address the committee.
F21/043 CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was RESOLVED to confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 31st January subject to an amendment to F21/030 to specify that Cllr Forbes was friend and mentor to the parent of one of the children attending the jamboree.
F21/044 REVIEW OF YEAR-TO-DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The year-to-date income and expenditure for the committee, council and mayoral fundraising was noted.
F21/045 FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
It was RESOLVED to amend Financial Regulations as follows:
- Replace FR 3.3 with “Each Committee shall receive reports at each meeting identifying the ‘year-to-date’ financial information comparing actual expenditure against that planned; this shall include a commentary by the RFO to explain any significant variances.”
- Replace FR 3.5 with “The Town Clerk may incur expenditure for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services required for the operation, delivery and effective management of the council’s services, events and assets subject to adequate budget provision and for expenditure above £1,000 having informed the Mayor.”
- Delete FR 3.7 (managing agents of 60 King Street)
- Replace FR 5.3 with “Cheques and BACs payments drawn on the bank account in accordance with the schedule referred to in paragraph 5.2 or in accordance with paragraph 6.4 shall be signed/authorised by any two of the signatories to the bank accounts. Council shall appoint four signatories annually.”
- Add “except where otherwise authorised” to FR 6.6
- Add “f) The reimbursement of out of pocket expenses for staff above £50.” To FR 6.6
- Add “or as a password protected folder via email. The password for which shall be sent to a separate designated email address” to FR 11.1(d)
- Replace “two members” to “one officer or member” in FR 1.1(e)
F21/046 QUESTIONS TO THE TOWN CLERK
No questions were raised.
F21/047 INTERNAL AUDITOR’S INTERIM REPORT
The Internal Auditor’s interim report was noted.
F21/048 OUTSTANDING MATTERS LOG
It was noted that no matters were outstanding.
F21/049 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was noted that the next scheduled meeting is planned for 7:00pm on Monday 23rd May 2022.
F21/050 OUTSTANDING DEBTORS
It was RESOLVED to exclude the public and press on the grounds that publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
The outstanding debtors report was noted. It was RESOLVED to approve the settlement of a debt over a period of 12 months.