Councillors Robertson, Houghton, Malloy, McCulloch and Morris.
A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk)
F21/002 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllrs Coan, Gardiner (personal business) and Forbes (injury)
F21/003 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No member declared an interest in any item.
F21/004 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public were present.
F21/005 CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was RESOLVED to confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 27th April 2021.
F21/006 REVIEW OF YEAR-TO-DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The year-to-date income and expenditure was noted.
F21/007 FINANCIAL IMPACT OF COVID PANDEMIC
The report was noted.
F21/008 AUDIT 2020/21
The reports of the Internal Auditor and External Auditor were noted.
F21/009 COUNCIL CREDIT CARD
It was RESOLVED to approve:
- An increase to the council’s credit card limit from £1,000 to £1,500
- The provision of a second card with a limit of £500 for the Mayor’s Fundraising Account
- The provision of a third card with a limit of £500 primarily for use by the Events Officer and Town Centre and Marketing Officer in connection with events/external activity.
it was noted the Town Clerk would update Financial Regulations to reflect these changes.
F21/010 COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY MONITORING REPORT
The report was noted.
F21/011 COMMITTEE BUDGET 2022/23
It was RESOLVED to approve the draft budget as presented.
F21/012 RATIFICATION OF DECISIONS TAKEN UNDER DELEGATED AUTHORITY
It was RESOLVED to ratify the following decisions formally taken by the Town Clerk under delegated authority during the suspension of formal meetings:
- That the Mayor’s Charity Fundraising will be separated from the from the council’s primary accounts and a temporary breach of the Credit Management Policy (2.4 relating to the manual raising of invoices) be permitted.
- That grants be awarded to St Cross Church (£1,500), Manor Park School Association (£1,500) and Fresh Start Baby Bank (£183.41)
F21/013 CREDIT MANAGEMENT POLICY
It was RESOLVED to amend section 2.4 of the policy to read:
For the council’s primary accounts, no manual invoices should be issued and all invoices must be in the format output from the accounting system. For the Mayoral Fundraising accounts all invoices must be in the format prescribed by the Town Clerk.
F21/014 QUESTIONS TO THE TOWN CLERK
No questions were raised.
F21/015 ACTIONS LOG
The log was noted.
F21/016 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was noted that the next scheduled meeting is planned for 7:30pm on 29th November 2021 and agreed that depending on the length of the agenda for the preceding Planning and Licensing Committee meeting, that the Finance Committee meeting may be deferred to 6th December.
F21/017 OUTSTANDING DEBTORS
It was RESOLVED to exclude the public and press on the grounds that publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
The outstanding debtors report was noted.