Councillors Forrest, Dalzell, Gardiner, Hartley, McCulloch and Russell
A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk) and Cllrs Johnson and Mears
C23/002 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllrs Banks and Coan (personal business)
C23/003 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
Cllr Gardiner declared a personal interest in C23/009 on the grounds of being a member of the Cheshire East Council Environment and Communities Committee which will be deciding the matter.
C23/004 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
A resident spoke in relation to the apparent increase in aircraft noise and the shift in flight operations which, contrary to statements from the airport, appear to have moved marginally north.
A representative of the Friends of College Wood spoke in relation to their grant application.
C23/005 COMMITTEE TERMS OF REFERENCE
The terms of reference were noted.
C23/006 REVIEW OF YEAR TO DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
It was noted the budget had been formed from the virement of cost centres following the creation of the committee. It was agreed that the budget for publication of the annual report should be named differently than “print”.
C23/007 COMMUNITY GRANTS
It was RESOLVED:
- to approve a grant of £1,500 to Knutsford in Bloom
- to approve a donation of £192.76 to Run Knutsford
- to approve a grant of £400 for Friends of College Wood
- to refuse the grant request from Mid Cheshire Samaritans
- that the Planning and Facilities Officer and Cllr Hartley work with Knutsford in Bloom to develop a proposed multi-year funding arrangement for the group and that this be tabled to Full Council in due course for consideration in the 2024/25 budget.
C23/008 REVISIONS TO POLICY
It was RESOLVED to approve the revisions to the Town Awards and Community Grants policies as set out in report COM-23-02.
C23/009 PROPOSED CHANGES TO KNUTSFORD LIBRARY OPENING HOURS
It was RESOLVED:
- to object to the proposed reduction in library opening hours
- to express the council’s disapproval to the principle of reducing access to the library and noting its importance for accessing Cheshire East Council services
- to suggest that alternatives to a full day closure be explored to retain 6 day opening through later opening times or mid-day closures
- that the council would not wish to explore providing funding to Cheshire East Council to top-up the budget shortfall
- to note the importance of the borough council considering any revenue it may be able to generate in larger libraries supports the operation of the whole estate
- to outline suggestions for increased revenue generation
It was further RESOLVED that Cllr McCulloch attend the Cheshire East Environment and Communities Committee meeting to speak on behalf of the council.
C23/010 STRATEGIC PLAN
It was RESOLVED to adopt the actions suggested in report COM-23-05 as the committee action plan for the current financial year.
Discussion on future action plans and consideration of the public consultation suggested actions was deferred to a future meeting.
C23/011 MANCHESTER AIRPORT FLIGHT NOISE
It was RESOLVED to write to Manchester Airport requesting they thoroughly investigate the discrepancies in flight paths raised by residents.
C23/012 COMMITTEE WORKING GROUPS
It was RESOLVED to appoints Cllrs Dalzell, McCulloch and Hartley to the small grants working group.
C23/013 OUTSTANDING MATTERS LOG
The log was noted.
C23/014 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was noted that the next scheduled meeting would be held on 4th September 2023 at 7:30pm.
 Cllrs Gardiner and McCulloch abstained from voting.