Knutsford Town Awards
First launched in 2013, the Knutsford Town Awards aim to recognise those who make Knutsford such a special community. The Town Council makes awards following nominations from the public across five categories, Civic, Youth, Business, Community and Extra Mile. The 2020 Town Awards were due to be presented on Monday 27th April at Knutsford Academy, however due to the current outbreak we will be looking to hold the awards ceremony later in the year.
Nominations for the 2020 awards are currently being reviewed – thank you to everyone who took the time to tell us who their community heroes are.
Civic Award goes to up to three people who give up their time voluntarily to undertake work in the community.
Business Award goes to a a business which has supported or worked with the community.
Youth Award is presented to someone aged 21 or under who is giving their time to support the community
Community Award is for a voluntary organisation delivering a service to the community
The Extra Mile Award is given to someone who as part of their paid job is going above and beyond providing a service to the community
School’s Sustainability Award is a new award for businesses to nominate themselves if they practice environmentally friendly awareness in their products and supply chain. To submit your business to the Schools Sustainability Award, simply email email@example.com.
Previous Award Winners
- 2019 Town Awards Winners
The 2019 Knutsford Town Awards were presented as part of the 2019 Town Meeting.
- Civic Award – Beryl Jenyons in recognition of her volunteering five-days a week at the centre
- Civic Award – Rob Walley for leadership of 2nd Knutsford Scouts which has seen fundraising, membership and volunteering increase
- Civic Award – Ronnie and John Mills for their work with Knutsford Stroke Club where they have held a number of roles for almost 30 years
- Youth Award – Lenny Turner, Jake Phillips and Eleanor Woods for organising an annual charity concert which has raised thousands of pounds for charities.
- Business Award – Oliver Valves for their continued support of local charities
- Community Award – Canute Lunch Club for their work combating loneliness through providing a weekly lunch club
- Extra Mile Award – Bob Garner, Town Ranger, who has engendered true community though his entertaining use of twitter and we know he takes huge pride in everything he does
A special award went to the Knutsford Air Cadets in recognition of their establishing a Marching Band in time for the 2018 Remembrance Parade.
- 2018 Town Awards Winners
The 2018 Knutsford Town Awards were presented as part of the 2018 Town Meeting.
- Civic Award – Stuart Willis – voluntary work with the Knutsford Fire Cadets and Knutsford Community First Responders
- Civic Award – Debbie Jamison – her role in setting up the Knutsford Residents of Over Ward group and her time as Chair of Friends of the Moor
- Civic Award – Hazel Cussons – voluntary work at the Welcome Cafe
- Youth Award – Emily Coffey – voluntary work with the Knutsford First Responders
- Business Award – Julia Chard, Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe – her instrumental role in founding the Pumpkin Path and Bunny Hop as well as supporting numerous community organisations throughout the years
- Community Award – Lower Moss Wood – providing sanctuary for injured wildlife and providing educational visits for children.
A special award was made to Knitsford, the knitting group behind the knitted poppy displays each November.
- 2017 Town Awards Winners
The 2017 Knutsford Town Awards were presented as part of the 2017 Town Meeting.
- Civic Award – Sarah Pownall – campaigning to protect Knutsford Children’s Centre and her work on the Strong Women project
- Civic Award – Brian & Sylvia Chaplin – involvement in the Neighbourhood Plan and Sylvia’s work on commemorating WWI
- Civic Award – Tony Leadbeater – life of service to the youth of Knutsford through the Scout Association
- Youth Award – Nathan Brown – dedicated voluntary work at the Welcome Cafe
- Business Award – Knutsford Directory – promoting community activities and events
- Community Award – Knutsford First Responders Trust – delivering a range of community safety services
There was no Town Awards in 2016.
- 2015 Town Awards Winners
The 2015 Knutsford Town Awards were presented on Civic Sunday, June 28th at a special awards ceremony following the Civic Service.
- Civic Award – Vivien Davies – for many years of services to the community in local government and an array of community organisations
- Civic Award – Clive Heath – for 30 years of service to the Knutsford Lions and maintenance of public land around Bexton Lane.
- Civic Award – Jamie Evans – for dedicated service delivering youth football to Longridge and Shaw Heath
- Youth Award – Hannah Newton – for voluntary work with the Welcome Cafe
- Business Award – DPM Sheldons – for supporting a range of community organisations
- Community Award – Knutsford Beer Festival – for delivering a successful town event and raising funds for local good causes
- 2014 Town Awards Winners
The 2014 Knutsford Town Awards were presented on Civic Sunday, June 29th at a special awards ceremony following the Civic Service. 2014 saw the introduction of the Youth Award.
- Civic Award – Vivienne Pike – for contributions locally and nationally to the development of young Knutsfordians through Scouting.
- Civic Award – Kevin Hollins – dedicated service to the Knutsford Academy and its integration with the wider Knutsford community
- Civic Award – Derek Empson MBE – for his work with a number of community organisations including the Old Folks Club, Town Plan group and for developing the Community Emergency Plan.
- Youth Award – Emily May Walker – for her work with the 2nd Toft Guides and wider girl-guiding movement in Knutsford
- Business Award – Stefanie Meachin of Gusto – for their engagement with fellow traders creating positive spirit for visitors and the community.
- Community Award – The Welcome – for being the heart of the Longridge community and encouraging interaction through a wide range of activities and community groups.
Commendations were made to Val Bryant, Kane Gunter and Phillip Nixon.
- 2013 Town Awards Winners
The inaugural Town Awards was held on June 30th 2013. 5 awards were presented at the award ceremony held in the Cranford Suite of Curzon cinema.
- Civic Award – Jan McCappin – for dedication to so many different community groups including the Town Plan & Heritage Centre.
- Civic Award – Patricia McAndrew & Louise Reed – for their role as volunteer youth leaders at the Welcome Cafe
- Civic Award – Rowena Acton – for her work in Longridge and Shaw Heath
- Business Award – Peter Murray of Pulse of Perfumery for his work brining the business community together.
- Community Award – Knutsford Lions – for the hugely various work they undertake across the entire town.