Cllrs Forbes, Houghton, Malloy and McCulloch
In attendance: A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk)
F20/016 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllrs Gardiner and Robertson (personal business)
F20/017 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
Cllr Malloy declared a personal interest in F20/008 as a committee member of Cycle Knutsford and Cllr Houghton declared a personal interest in F20/008 as Chairman of the 5th Knutsford Scouts executive committee.
F20/018 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public were present.
F20/019 CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was RESOLVED to approve the minutes.
F20/020 YEAR TO DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The council and committee year to date income and expenditure was noted.
F20/021 CONCLUSION OF EXTERNAL AUDIT
The report of the External Auditor was noted.
F20/022 COMMUNITY GRANT AWARDS
It was noted that Cllr Houghton had abstained from discussion and voting on the application from 1st Knutsford Scouts at the meeting of the Small Grants working group.
It was RESOLVED to:
- award a grant in kind to 1st Knutsford Scouts up to a value of £1,500 by purchasing hand dryers, toilets and wash basins for the new 1st Knutsford Scout Hut
- award a grant in kind to Crosstown Community Orchard up to a value of £1,500 to by purchasing and installing a bench and sign subject to the charity adopting and submitting to the Charity Commission policies on risk management, safeguarding, conflicting interests, volunteer management and complaints and adopting and submitting to the council a COVID Safe Outdoor Working Policy.
- recommend that the Environment Committee delivers the Knutsford Revolution signage project with Cycle Knutsford directly
- refuse the grant application from Cycle Knutsford but to reconsider the application should the Environment Committee determine not to deliver the project directly
- refuse the application from Friends of Bexton School on the grounds the project does not deliver a wider community benefit and does not present value for money.
F20/023 FINANCIAL IMPACT OF COVID PANDEMIC
It was noted that the pandemic had resulted in a net positive effect to council finances due to reduced expenditure of approximately £2,750.
F20/024 INTERNAL AUDIT WORKING GROUP
Cllr Malloy reported the working group was commencing its review to cover the first three quarters of the financial year.
F20/025 QUESTIONS TO THE TOWN CLERK
The Town Clerk responded to a question confirming that the Knutsford Revolution signage project would be discussed by the Environment Committee meeting in March.
F20/026 ACTIONS LOG
It was noted that no actions were outstanding.
F20/027 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was noted that the next scheduled meeting will be held on 2nd March at 6:30pm.
F20/028 OUTSTANDING DEBTORS
It was RESOLVED to exclude the public and press on the grounds that publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
The outstanding debtors report was noted.