Cllrs Coan, Nicholson, Beswick, Forbes, Gardiner, Gray, Houghton, Malloy and McCulloch.
In attendance: A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk) and Cllr Dalzell.
A21/008 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllrs Forbes (injury), Houghton and McCulloch (personal business)
A21/009 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No member declared an interest in any item.
A21/010 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
A resident spoke in support of the introduction the proposed memorial bench service in the cemetery.
A21/011 CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was RESOLVED to confirm the minutes of the meeting held 6th May 2021.
A21/012 REVIEW OF YEAR TO DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The year-to-date income and expenditure was noted and the Town Clerk undertook to provide an answer to questions on expenditure in the Market Hall compliance costs and Website costs budgets.
A21/013 KNUTSFORD CEMETERY
It was RESOLVED to:
- Approve the creation of a new cremation garden as outlined in report A-21-07
- Introduce a memorial bench service in the cemetery as outlined in report A-21-07
- Amend the Cemetery Regulations to state “Subject to not exceeding the maximum term of 99 years, the term of an exclusive right of burial may be extended in multiples of ten years upon payment of a fee of 10% of the prevailing full-term fee per ten years.”
It was noted that the council’s previous offer of multi-dedicated benches would remain alongside the new solo-dedicated benches service.
The meeting was adjourned to allow a member of the public to take questions from members and subsequently reconvened.
A21/014 KNUTSFORD MARKET HALL
The benchmarking report was noted and no objection raised to any of the recommendations contained therein.
A report on the assessed cost of the redevelopment of the Market Hall was discussed and it was RESOLVED to defer consideration of the business case to allow investigations to take place with social landlords to explore if a partnership could be established to deliver the apartments and that the committee reconsider the matter within the next six months.
It was RESOLVED to commission a hand painted wooden hanging sign for the Market Hall stating “Knutsford Market Hall”.
A21/015 WALLWOOD MEMORIAL BENCH
It was RESOLVED to approve the request for a memorial bench in Wallwood in memory of Beryl Morrison.
A21/016 TRANSFER OF THE COUNCIL OFFICES
A report on the transfer of the of the Council Offices was noted.
The meeting was adjourned for a five-minute recess; Cllrs Beswick and Gardiner left the meeting during the recess.
A21/017 60 KING STREET REGENERATION PROJECT
The Town Clerk provided an update on the work to secure grant funding for the development of the Heritage Lottery Fund bid.
A21/018 COMMITTEE BUDGET 2022/23
It was RESOLVED to approve the committee service fees 2022/23.
It was RESOLVED to approve the draft budget as presented.
A21/019 RATIFICATION OF DECISIONS TAKEN UNDER DELEGATED AUTHORITY
It was RESOLVED to ratify the following decisions formally taken by the Town Clerk under delegated authority during the suspension of formal meetings:
- A quantity surveyor will be appointed to provide cost estimates for the redevelopment of the Market Hall. A business case will be prepared for the September committee meeting and this will consider the various points raised by members at the meeting.
- All members of the committee will have opportunity to review the lease proposals for Justice View and Lily Lodge. The Town Clerk will award tenancies following a meeting with members of the committee.
- The Town Clerk is authorised to take any necessary steps to ensure the security and good condition of 60 King Street whilst it remains vacant.
A21/020 QUESTIONS TO THE TOWN CLERK
No questions were raised.
A21/021 ACTIONS LOG
The log was noted.
A21/022 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was noted that the next scheduled meeting would be held on 22nd November 2021 at 7:00pm.