Cllrs McCulloch, Coan, Gray and Lowe.
In attendance: A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk).
CO23/002 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
It was RESOLVED to elect Cllr McCulloch as Chairman.
CO23/003 ELECTION OF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN
It was RESOLVED to elect Cllr Lowe as Deputy Chairman.
CO23/004 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllr Gardiner (personal business)
CO23/005 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No member declared an interest in any item.
CO23/006 TERMS OF REFERENCE
It was noted that the terms of reference had not been updated since the committee was original established which was why it includes reference to reporting to the Personnel Committee in respect of any staffing matters affected by works to the building. It was further noted that as a sub-committee which has authority to make decisions, the meeting is open to the public, in contrast to a working group.
CO23/007 CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was RESOLVED to confirm the minutes of the sub-committee meeting held on 18th April.
CO23/008 DEVELOPMENT OF PHASED REFURBISHMENT PROGRAMME
It was agreed that:
- a roof survey was a priority to ascertain any works required to the various roofs
- a priority would be to ensure the building is water tight with works to roofs, windows and walls
- it remained a priority to make the first floor accessible through the installation of an accessible frontage and a lift to the first floor
- improvements to the heating system are a priority
- there is no priority on the previous proposals to extend the building and any programme would not include this proposal
CO23/009 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was agreed to meet before the end of October.