Councillors Nicholson, Coan, Dalzell, Houghton and Gardiner.
A Keppel-Green (Town Clerk)
P20/022 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllrs Beswick and McCulloch (personal business) and Forbes (injury).
P20/023 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No member declared an interest in any item under discussion.
P20/024 CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was RESOLVED to approve the minutes.
P20/025 REVIEW OF YEAR TO DATE INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The year-to-date income and expenditure was noted.
P20/0126 CEMETERY CHAPEL WEDDING STAFFING
It was RESOLVED that:
- the Town Clerk be designated as the Responsible Person for the licence
- the facilitation of ceremonies be conducted by named Deputy Responsible Persons
- the Town Clerk authorise named Deputy Responsible Persons from amongst office staff as may be required
- the role of Deputy Responsible Person be a voluntary duty on top of existing hours with staff fulfilling the role being paid a flat rate of £100 per ceremony
- the job description for the Civic Events Officer be amended to include reference to fulfilling the role of Deputy Responsible Person outside their core hours and at the same flat rate
- the arrangements be under review by the Town Clerk and formally reviewed by the committee after six and twelve months of operation
P20/027 GROUP INCOME PROTECTION INSURANCE
It was RESOLVED to exclude the public and press on the grounds of the confidential nature of discussions.
It was RESOLVED to cancel the policy and seek a refund from the broker on the grounds of the policy being mis-sold.
P20/028 STAFFING OVERVIEW REPORT
It was RESOLVED that in recognition of the start date of the Caretaker being so close to the end of the leave year to authorise the carry over of untaken holiday from the current to next leave year.
The report was noted.
P20/029 PERSONNEL MATTERS
The Town Clerk provided an update on staffing matters.
It was RESOLVED to readmit the public and press.
P20/030 ACTIONS LOG
It was noted that there are no outstanding actions on the committee actions log.
P20/031 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was noted that the next scheduled meeting would be held on 25th May 2021 at 7pm.