ABOUT THE BIG BULB PLANT
The Knutsford Big Bulb Plant is part of the Knutsford Nature Action Plan, a series of steps we are taking to improve the town for wildlife. By planting a number of spring bulbs, not only will the town look beautiful for humans it will provide pollinators with some early food too. We ran the first Big Bulb Plant for two weeks in October 2021, its now back for the whole of October 2022.
We are supporting the community in hosting local bulb planting events. We’re providing event hosts with an assortment of suitable bulbs for them to lead a bulb planting event in their local area. You can find the events registered with us below!
HOST AN EVENT
If you’d like to see bulbs planted on a space near you, take the lead and register an event. We will provide you with an assortment of suitable bulbs as well as some flyers to deliver to neighbours to promote the event. Events will be listed on this page too.
HOST A COMMUNITY BULB PLANTING EVENT
Complete the form below to apply to host an event. You’ll receive a confirmation email once your event is registered and information on how to get your bulbs and flyers.
WHERE WE COVERED IN 2021
Our first Big Bulb Plant took place in 2021, here’s the different areas you covered. These places can always be repeated, so feel free to host a second event!
- St John’s Avenue Verge
- Crosstown Community Orchard, Mobberley Road
- Sharston Crescent Green outside 39-45
- Green on Tree Way / Beggarmans Lane
- Mansion Drive and Beech Drive
- Green on Highland Way/Beggarmans Lane
- Manor Crescent, Large Green
- Grove Park
- Mobberley Road Verges
- Hayton Street Verges
- Mereheath Park Roundabout Green
- Green on Ashworth Park (opp nos. 18-22)
- Garden Road
- Green on Ladies Mile
- Verges on Westfield Drive
- Verges opposite 84-90 Bexton Road
- Shaw Drive / Hayfields
- Toft Road by Beggarmans Lane
- Verges on Mobberley Road
- Verges at 90-108 Grove Park
- Carwood Green
- Queensway Green