Knutsford Town Council is inviting the community to attend the Annual Town Meeting on Thursday 26th April. The meeting will be ‘a celebration of volunteering’ with the presentation of the Town Awards. The meeting is being held at 7pm in St John’s Church.
The Town Meeting will feature a talk from the Chief Executive of Cheshire Voluntary Services CE on the support they can offer to community organisations. In a change of format, the meeting will not feature talks from community organisations, instead focusing on the presentation of the awards.
The end of the meeting will provide an opportunity for residents to raise any issues they would like to bring to the attention of the Town Council and wider community.
The Town Council has also announced the shortlist for three of the Town Awards categories with the winners to be announced on the night. The Town Awards were once again generously sponsored by the Knutsford based Forum of Private Business, with its Managing Director Ian Cass serving on the decision panel alongside the Town Mayor, Town Clerk and Chairman of the Council’s Events Committee.
Civic Award Shortlist (three awards to be given)
- Sue Banks – for services to the Girl Guiding movement in Knutsford
- Hazel Cussons – for dedicated service to the Welcome Cafe
- Michele Hammond – for fundraising for the 1st Knutsford Scouts and work with Friends of the Moor and St Vincent’s PTA
- Debbie Jamison – for work with Friends of the Moor and Knutsford Residents of Over Ward
- Stuart Willis – for work with the Knutsford Fire Cadets and First Responders
Community Award Shortlist (one award to be given)
- Knutsford Friendship Cafe
- Knutsford Knitting Club
- Knutsford League of Hospital Friends
- Lower Moss Wood
Business Award Shortlist (one award to be given)
- Julia Chard of Mr Simms Olde Sweetshoppe
- Peter Murray of Pulse of Perfumery